• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Late May in Giverny

dlc

My wife and I are going to be in paris in Late May for a few days. We are wanting to do a day trip to Giverny as we have never hit the Gardens in the Spring. Where would you suggest that we have lunch on our trip? I have searched this board but found very little about the area. It seems that Vernon may have more choices. As we will be doing the garden thing we will be more casually dressed than our normal coat/tie for Paris. Thanks in advance

There are two places in Giverny that I love. The pricier one is Les Jardins des Giverny.

http://www.jardinsdegiverny.com/photos

the other is the charming antiente Hotel Baudy. Not a hotel now but it was when the American painters

came to be near Monet. I'll find the site and post it.

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher