• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

New York Restaurant for Party/Small Banquet?

JWangSDC

Hey I was wondering if anyone knew of any NYC restaurants that are great to have a dinner party/small banquet for? The guestlist is about 25 people with a budget of about $175/person for dinner and drinks. Business casual would be the theme and the atmosphere has to be nice. Any suggestions? Midtown would be the most preferable location but I'm willing to check out any good recommendations.

Edited by JWangSDC (log)

That's a pretty decent budget, especially if it's not including tax and tip.

I'd call the new-ish Maialino, which is not exactly midtown, but close enough. I'm sure they'd do you fine with the wine and food, and I know they have a private room...just don't know how big that room is.

Mitch Weinstein aka "weinoo"

Tasty Travails - My Blog

My eGullet FoodBog - A Tale of Two Boroughs

Was it you baby...or just a Brilliant Disguise?

I was thinking tax and tip included actually. Thanks for the recommendation, from the website it looks like it won't be big enough for 25-30, but I'm going to stop by today and check it out. The decor also appears to be on the lower side of what I'm looking for, but this is just from the single picture they have on their website.