• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Naughty Kitchen with Chef Blythe Beck

KristiB50

Did anyone else catch this on Oxygen? So far only one episode is airing. The series officially begins Sept 22.

http://naughty-kitchen.oxygen.com/

The show is basically a behind the scenes look at the restaurant. There are going to be webisodes with her recipes.

A full review of the show is HERE

I watched the first episode and was underwhelmed. I think she comes off as obnoxious and unprofessional. I'll keep it on the DVR to see where they go with it.

Edited by KristiB50 (log)

i was horrified to see that she had such an ill-fitting chef coat....honey, if you're gonna be on tv...hell, if you are going to have a SHOW ABOUT YOU, get a coat that fits. (the shiny pink one fits a bit better than the other ones, but i assume she ain't cookin' in that one...)

"Laughter is brightest where food is best."

www.chezcherie.com

Author of The I Love Trader Joe's Cookbook ,The I Love Trader Joe's Party Cookbook and The I Love Trader Joe's Around the World Cookbook

• 2 weeks later...

I did see a preview episode, though. Wasn't really feeling the need to keep watching. I suppose I should be giving this show a chance by watching it since it's about a Dallas chef and restaurant. FWIW, I have not been to Central 214.

Jeff Meeker, aka "jsmeeker"