• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cajun Oven Fried Catfish

lovebenton0

Cajun Oven Fried Catfish

This recipe is from the Cooking with/for Disabilities course in the eCGI

• 1 lb catfish nuggets
  • 1/2 c cornmeal
  • 1/4 c flour
  • 2 tsp cajun seasoning
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • butter flavored cooking spray

Preheat oven to 425

25 minutes baking time

Preparation time 10 minutes

Mix cornmeal, flour, cajun seasoning and garlic powder on a deep plate. Rinse catfish in clear water. Carefully remove skin, if you wish. Spray shallow baking pan with cooking spray. Squeeze lemon juice all over the catfish pieces. Immediately roll in the cornmeal mixture and place on baking pan, skin side down. Lightly spray fish with cooking spray. Bake for 25 minutes at 425. Do not turn.

Serve either the chicken or catfish with Oven Fried Potatoes, and a big leafy green salad or steamed vegetables.

Keywords: Main Dish, Fish, Healthy Choices, eGCI

( RG992 )

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite