• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendations for White Gazpacho dinner

sus

Greetings,

I have been asked to make a gazpacho meal for my in laws. I have decided on white gazpacho as they love gazpacho and we already had some this week. I figured white gazpacho would b the way to go for some variety. The question now, is, then, do you have a favorite recipe that will dazzle the in laws? Is there a traditional way to serve white gazpacho? I know that the tomato gazpacho is often paired with tortilla espanola or tortilla de patatas. Is there something comparable for white gazpacho? Thanks in advance and regards!

Here's a great recipe. Note: peeled grapes are really better than non-peeled, and they are easier to peel if you give them a quick dunk in boiling water first. Yes, peeling the grapes is ditzy, but...

I would just serve this as a starter for any meal. At this time of year, think of something on the grill, with sweet corn, or a salad.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"