• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dad's brand chocolate chip cookies

Veghead

Does anyone have a recipe for cookies that are similar to the Dad's brand (Christie) chocolate chip cookies? They are a bit different, a tiny bit like shortbread, and I'd love to be able to recreate them.

Far as I can tell... its a Canadian brand we don't have in the US... I don't know how they taste which prevents me from trying for a clone. Sorry. :unsure:

Does anyone have a recipe for cookies that are similar to the Dad's brand (Christie) chocolate chip cookies? They are a bit different, a tiny bit like shortbread, and I'd love to be able to recreate them.

I think the US has Dad's Cookies as well. Here is a link to the product page for the US site.

That being said, I don't have a recipe - but I did love their cookies.

The reason I mentioned Canada is the reference to "Christies" which is Canadian and they do have a "Dad's Cookies".

I think the US has Dad's Cookies as well.  Here is a link to the product page for the US site.

That being said, I don't have a recipe - but I did love their cookies.