• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recommendation for tea shops in central London

I'm looking to horde some teas while I'm still in London this week. What's a nice place with good selections and friendly service? I'm talking about somewhere I can sample a bunch of teas in a lazy afternoon with minimal pressure. From the forum I've already noted Postcard Teas on Bond Street which I will definitely go visit. Anyone else have favourites of theirs they like to share?

Can't help if you are wanting to sample unusual tea blends before buying (you may have THE place), but if you just want to have a nice selection of teas in a nice place, then consider the restaurant (as opposed to the café) at the Tate gallery. "Tate Britain".

Special murals too.

http://www.tate.org.uk/britain/eatanddrink/restaurant.htm

Edited by dougal (log)

"If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch ... you must first invent the universe." - Carl Sagan

• 1 month later...