• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Obama Kids School Lunch Menus

I drowned everything I ate in ketchup as a sprout myself. Now I'm 20 and regularly irritate the hell out of my parents with my food snobbery. This too will pass!

I went to a Waldorf school. We didn't offer lunch per-se, but the classes sold food and it was absolutely 100% required to be organic or the hippie parents would scream. We did end up selling some pretty tasty baked goods, Chinese chicken salads, bean and cheese burritos, and so forth. The pizza, however, always sold best. Hands down.

Thirded (or fourthed or whatever) on letting kids eat like kids occasionally. Let em' have a treat after standing out in the freezing cold to watch the inauguration. I seriously doubt the chilluns were being served outright bad food, unhealthy as it may have been.