• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocolate whipped cream

oli

I am making a chocolate sheet cake 10 x 15 x 2 and would like to use Dorie's Chocolate Whipped Cream frosting. Is her recipe which calls for 2 C whipped cream and 3 oz chocolate enough to cover this cake?

Or one and a half times would be easy enough too. I'm pretty sure whipping cream doubles so with 3 cup of cream and 4-1/2 oz chocolate you should have plenty.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great. Orison Swett Marden

Or one and a half times would be easy enough too. I'm pretty sure whipping cream doubles so with 3 cup of cream and 4-1/2 oz chocolate you should have plenty.

That, I think is perfect. I made it as Dorie stated in her book, and after frosting the cake, I was able to estimate, for next time, 3C cream and 4.5 oz chocolate.

Thanks