• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chicago cupcake bakeries that deliver?

sygyzy

Hi,

I am from the West Coast but would like to order cupcakes for delivery to Warrenville, which I believe is near Chicago. Can anyone local recommend a store that makes delicious cupcakes and does not charge an arm and a leg for delivery? I found one place that ships next day air Fed Ex for $150. No thank you.

I've never tasted them myself, but a decently ranked restaurant in Glen Ellyn, IL (about 15 minutes from Warrenville) does house-made cupcakes. Check it out. Honey Cafe.

Edited by maggiethecat (log)

Margaret McArthur

"Take it easy, but take it."

Studs Terkel

1912-2008

A sensational tennis blog from freakyfrites

margaretmcarthur.com

I'd also contact Sarah's Pastries and Candies (the Oak St. store). Killer cupcakes for 2.50-2.99 each. I don't know if they'd deliver to Warrenville, and it's certainly more than 15 minutes away, but it probably is worth asking. (I know they ship chocolates via UPS ground, which would take only a day, so I assume they'd ship cupcakes as well, but I don't know if you'd want your recipient receiving day-old cupcakes. )

Edited by Alex (log)

"There is no sincerer love than the love of food."  -George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman, Act 1

"Imagine all the food you have eaten in your life and consider that you are simply some of that food, rearranged."  -Max Tegmark, physicist

Gene Weingarten, writing in the Washington Post about online news stories and the accompanying readers' comments: "I basically like 'comments,' though they can seem a little jarring: spit-flecked rants that are appended to a product that at least tries for a measure of objectivity and dignity. It's as though when you order a sirloin steak, it comes with a side of maggots."

"...in the mid-’90s when the internet was coming...there was a tendency to assume that when all the world’s knowledge comes online, everyone will flock to it. It turns out that if you give everyone access to the Library of Congress, what they do is watch videos on TikTok."  -Neil Stephenson, author, in The Atlantic

"In questions of science, the authority of a thousand is not worth the humble reasoning of a single individual." -Galileo Galilei, physicist and astronomer

Warrenville is 45-50 miles west of Chicago, so it's no wonder that city bakeries might not deliver there!

I have seen recommendations posted on another food website for the following three bakers in the Warrenville-Naperville area (click on names to view their websites and contact info):

1. Rose Petals Cakery (Naperville) - makes custom cakes including cupcakes, no physical store (which may mean they are more likely to offer delivery)

2. Cakes Plus (Naperville) - website says they offer delivery, and a photo of football and baseball cupcakes is on their website

3. Sweet P Sweets (Naperville) - another baker with no physical store, post says they deliver, no cupcakes shown on website

Naperville is right next to Warrenville, so all of these places are within a few miles of Warrenville. No need to have anything delivered all the way from the city!!!

I have not used any of them myself.

HTH

Edited by nsxtasy (log)