• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Taste (formerly Tonic)

moosnsqrl

Per Joyce Smith's article in today's Business Section, Jon Dallen is taking another shot with this space . . . set to open next week.

Tonic seemed to suffer from an identity crisis, among other things, but I sure liked having a "real" restaurant in the space. I hope this attempt is more successful.

Judy Jones aka "moosnsqrl"

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly.

M.F.K. Fisher

• 2 weeks later...

When I was heading to the Penzey's store in the OP I noticed that Taste was open so I decided to have a second lunch. A very nice and friendly space. The menu is divided between small plates and regular plates.

At lunch they have done an nice thing, for $11 you can choose 3 items off a small plate menu to create your own meal. I did this and definitely enjoyed my meal. I highly recommend asking for a side of the wasabi aioli to go with the sweet potato fries.

The next time I am up in KC, I will definitely go back here. And if moosnsqrl wants to join me it will be my treat. I am still in debt to you for a meal.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!