• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

Thanks weinoo, really nice.  I cannot remember anything about it (what and why....not a whole lot left!), but with respect to ratios, sucree more sugar balanced relative to fat, and the opposite for Sablée, this lends certain properties I can’t recall. (?)

I dock  sucree for blind baking.  Is the advice against it because of more liquid fillings (e.g. curd)?

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

Thanks weinoo, really nice.  I cannot remember anything about it (what and why....not a whole lot left!), but with respect to ratios, sucker before more sugar balanced relative to fat, and the opposite for Sablée, this lends certain properties I can’t recall. (?)

I dock  sucree for blind baking.  Is the advice against it because of more liquid fillings (e.g. curd)?

paul o' vendange

paul o' vendange

Thanks wringing, really nice.  I cannot remember anything about it (what and why....not a whole lot left!), but with respect to ratios, sucker before more sugar balanced relative to fat, and the opposite for Sablée, this lends certain properties I can’t recall. (?)