• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bobby Flay Steak / Atlantic City

mitch08

All I can say is WOW!!! What an amazing steak. Their dry rub is phenomenol.

They actually sell it, but for some reason it doesn't taste anything like the steak in his restaurant. I will try it one more time, but Im pretty sure their canned dry rub is a hoax :)

Anyway, if anybody wants to try one of the best flavored steaks out there, go to Atlantic City, and try Bobby Flay Steak. You will not be dissapointed. It is in the Borgata. Side dishes were not great, but the Lobster bar was awesome.

I'm sure Bobby Flay has many rubs for steak, but his recipe for Cowboy Steaks was printed somewhere a coupla years ago and it's my go-to for grilling rib-eyes. So, for what it's worth, here's a BF dry rub. The recipe says to rub the steaks and let them sit for an hour before grilling. He says it's good for four 12-16 oz steaks.

1 Tbsp kosher salt (I think this is way too much salt, so I use less)

1 tsp Hungarian sweet paprika

1 tsp garlic powder (I don't like garlic powder, so I use less or sometimes rub in a little fresh pressed garlic)

1 tsp coarse ground black pepper (I often cut back on this and add in some New Mexico ground chile)

1 tsp dried thyme

1 tsp finely ground coffee (grind it fresh!)

'

All I can say is WOW!!!  What an amazing steak.  Their dry rub is phenomenol.

They actually sell it, but for some reason it doesn't taste anything like the steak in his restaurant.  I will try it one more time, but Im pretty sure their canned dry rub is a hoax :)

Anyway, if anybody wants to try one of the best flavored steaks out there, go to Atlantic City, and try Bobby Flay Steak.  You will not be dissapointed.  It is in the Borgata.  Side dishes were not great, but the Lobster bar was awesome.

Has anyone eaten at both the Old Homestead and Bobby Flay’s in the Borgata? I’ve only been to the Old Homestead and had a great steak there, but I’d like to hear from someone who can compare them to each other.

All I can say is WOW!!!  What an amazing steak.  Their dry rub is phenomenol.

They actually sell it, but for some reason it doesn't taste anything like the steak in his restaurant.  I will try it one more time, but Im pretty sure their canned dry rub is a hoax :)

Anyway, if anybody wants to try one of the best flavored steaks out there, go to Atlantic City, and try Bobby Flay Steak.  You will not be dissapointed.  It is in the Borgata.  Side dishes were not great, but the Lobster bar was awesome.

Has anyone eaten at both the Old Homestead and Bobby Flay’s in the Borgata? I’ve only been to the Old Homestead and had a great steak there, but I’d like to hear from someone who can compare them to each other.

I'll go into comparisions in the couple of days. Bobby Flay's is sooooo much better and I have eaten at both. Mina's place beats all. Mina is very expensive.

In order:

Flay

Mina ( only such a high tariff hurts them)

Buffet at Ho Jo's

Old Homestead

I just hosted a business dinner at Mina's place in LV.. The restaurant was called Strip Steak or something like that. Because of the amount of people, we pretty much ordered everything on the menu...

I really enjoyed the sides a lot, a lot.. The spinach souffle, the stuffed artichokes and the mac and cheese stood out...

The mini foie gras burgers, crab lettuce wraps were some of the better starters...

Interesting how they cook the steaks.. They poach in butter the steaks, olive oil the lamb, up to the proper temp.. They then finish on the grill.. I had a kobe ribeye that was wonderful.. Mt only complaint, no bone..

I wonder if Mina's in AC is the same?