• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jersey Shore = Jersey Food Bore

FatFrankNJ

SO is the Jersey Shore a Jersey Bore? I have giving up on take-out Chinese food after trying at least 10 places in the Beachwood - Toms River Area, just no good at all, a far cry from North Jersey!

The Sawmill Bar & Grill is a hit or miss, it could be good one night and bad the next. Fuji Steak House gets 5 stars, great food and sushi in Forked River.

Ruby Tuesday's, Olive Garden and Charlie Browns have not let me down as of late but I really need some family run places.

Rivolis, Toms River is over rated, huge portions but not the best. JULES in Silverton is very good Italian place located in the DMV plaza, very, very good.

Bum Rogers was a letdown to me, I heard a lot about it but was nothing great, cold dry steak.

Seeking:

Portuguese & Spanish

Chinese

Italian

Thanks

Fat Frank

Edited by FatFrankNJ (log)

Fat Frank

Bayonne, NJ

Click Here To Visit My Website

SO is the Jersey Shore a Jersey Bore? I have giving up on take-out Chinese food after trying at least 10 places in the Beachwood - Toms River Area, just no good at all, a far cry from North Jersey!

The Sawmill Bar & Grill is a hit or miss, it could be good one night and bad the next. Fuji Steak House gets 5 stars, great food and sushi in Forked River.

Ruby Tuesday's, Olive Garden and Charlie Browns have not let me down as of late but I really need some family run places.

Rivolis, Toms River is over rated, huge portions but not the best. JULES in Silverton is very good Italian place located in the DMV plaza, very, very good.

Bum Rogers was a letdown to me, I heard a lot about it but was nothing great, cold dry steak.

Seeking:

Portuguese & Spanish

Chinese

Italian

Thanks

Fat Frank

Frank - As you have realized, ocean county is pretty much a culinary wasteland. However, if you look hard enough you may find some diamonds in the rough. Some of my favorites include the following: Atlantic Bar and Grill in Seaside Park; Bistro 44 in downtown Toms River; and El Familiar also in Toms River in the Stella Plaza. Good Luck to you and don't lose hope.

Edited by bgut1 (log)