• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Early-bird dinners

marge201

Rosie,

Thanks for the Amanda early-bird reminder!

I was there only once, for brunch, and it was FANTASTIC.

Let me throw one in here:

Peter’s Grill & Restaurant, 613 Anderson Ave, Cliffside Park

941-6623 and 941-6668

Owner: Chef George (he's from Egypt) great food, great steak!

I've been there many times. The place is great. Chef George

cooks and serves, and does a great job.

Marge

I just took a look at the China 46 early-bird offering.

http://www.china46.com/

Looks just fine to me.

Thanks for the tip!!

Marge

jhlurie's point is very valid: china 46 shines when you're not ordering run-of-the-mill "chinese" stuff.

however, glancing quickly at the early bird menu, i think i can suggest Pork Chop Beijing Style and kong po chicken. do, however, try some other selections from their regular menu, if you can.

Hi Tommy,

[[ can i ask if this is a "financial" issue, or more of a "where can we eat at 4.30 or 5 o'clock" issue. that would help with recs. ]]

We're cheap!!

Most early-birds end at 6:30 which is a problem sometimes getting

there on time.

Got more ideas for us?

Marge

At Yamaguchi in Fort Lee, Sushi is 50 percent off on Friday nights.

At East Sushi in Bergenfield on Washington Street, Mondays is "tuna day". All their different tuna rolls are half price.

Also, Jingle Inn, another recently opened sushi place (which was quite good when we went recently) on Grand Avenue in Ridgefield also offers sushi discounts on certain days, but I don't remember exactly when.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

Hi Rosie,

{{ Peter’s Grill & Restaurant, 613 Anderson Ave, Cliffside Park

What kind of food? Is it BYO? }}

Yes, it's BYO.

The food is a little of everything, I guess. I'm not a steak eater but it looked so good, that the next time I was there and I had it. It

was fabulous. I've had fish there. You order what he's

got up on his little blackboard. Great salad I remember. I've enjoyed

everything there.

It's cute in there and very reasonable, and if it's convenient, ya gotta try it.

Marge

At Yamaguchi in Fort Lee, Sushi is 50 percent off on Friday nights.

At East Sushi in Bergenfield on Washington Street, Mondays is "tuna day". All their different tuna rolls are half price.

Also, Jingle Inn, another recently opened sushi place (which was quite good when we went recently) on Grand Avenue in Ridgefield also offers sushi discounts on certain days, but I don't remember exactly when.

Great leads! Thank you!

Marge