• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

One meal in Miami

Elizabeth Clauser

My husband and I will be flying in to Miami and would like to take the opportunity to have a meal there before driving down to the Keys. I've seen the thread regarding Michy's (and have made a reservation there if nothing else seems right), but they don't open until 6:00. We were hoping to eat a little earlier, so I'm wondering if anyone else has opinions about where to eat for a great meal in Miami. It doesn't have to be fancy, either; if you know of a place that is outstanding in terms of food, but not a high-rollin' kind of restaurant, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

My husband and I will be flying in to Miami and would like to take the opportunity to have a meal there before driving down to the Keys.  I've seen the thread regarding Michy's (and have made a reservation there if nothing else seems right), but they don't open until 6:00.  We were hoping to eat  a little earlier, so I'm wondering if anyone else has opinions about where to eat for a great meal in Miami.  It doesn't have to be fancy, either; if you know of a place that is outstanding in terms of food, but not a high-rollin' kind of restaurant, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks!

I really enjoyed Sardinia Enoteca and I will post on it soon.

http://www.sardinia-ristorante.com/menu.html

Eliot Wexler aka "Molto E"

MoltoE@restaurantnoca.com