• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Cinnamon Bun Ice Cream

MarkIsCooking

I don't usually go there because I'm just not a fan of the singing and the phony hype, but I went into Cold Stone Creamery on 42nd Street in NYC last night and had a cup (alas only a cup) of their cinnamon bun ice cream.

Anybody else had this stuff?

More importantly, anybody have any idea how I could recreate it?????

-Mark-

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child

I havent tried it but I certainly want to .....

hmmm how to recreate it

maybe take a good cinnamon bun and tear it apart and dry it in a low oven and add it to a cinnamon brown sugar ice cream base.

yeah that just might work

tracey

who should really open the 6 yr old icecream maker

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

Wow, that sounds great rooftop1000/tracey. I guess that would keep the pieces of cinnamon bun slightly crispy/chewy throughout the ice cream. But how about "kickin' it up a naaatch" :biggrin: and folding those chunks of cinnamon bun into homemade (or not) rum raisin ice cream. Yeah, I could really go for that. :smile:

Inside me there is a thin woman screaming to get out, but I can usually keep the Bitch quiet: with CHOCOLATE!!!

Maybe make a cinnamon bun modified version of Moto's donut soup, custard it up with some egg yolks, then run it through the freezer. You could add a bit of cream cheese to the base if you want that cream cheese icing flavor to stand out and maybe even swirl a cinnamon sugar mixture through it at the end. I've never seen it or tasted it so I don't know what I'm trying to create exactly. This is all strictly from my head (and I just finished a fast-paced 50k bike ride so it may not be a clear thinking head), I haven't actually tried it.

Edited by Tri2Cook (log)

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.