• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Reeses Elvis Flavor

GlorifiedRice

Ha I saw this last night at Walgreens and thought What the Heck!?!??!!?

Please let me know as I didnt want to try...did not sound appealing to me at all. I love the original Reeces....mmmmmm

Just for a lil' background, I saw this at 12:05 AM at Walgreens....was coming home from a mexican dinner out with the girls (the boys were out for a yearly event that they engage in...long story and I don't want to bother you) but I stopped at Walgreens after Midnights because I knew I was going to be at the beach today (Lake Michigan, Chicago...but dammit the water was "off-limits" due to high Ecoli/bacteria levels. GRRRR hottest day of the year and we cannot go it...made the day rather ick-ish. Anyhow, to the point...I knew I would be at the beach all day and wanted to pick up Flavor-Ice....MMMMM summer guilty pleasure. I eat like 10 of these in a sitting...sugary frosty icy goodness...

"One Hundred Years From Now It Will Not Matter What My Bank Account Was, What Kind of House I lived in, or What Kind of Car I Drove, But the World May Be A Better Place Because I Was Important in the Life of A Child."

LIFES PHILOSOPHY: Love, Live, Laugh

hmmm - as it appears if you are eating good food with the ones you love you will be living life to its fullest, surely laughing and smiling throughout!!!

I just tasted a sliver, its good. Not spectacular, but good.

The banana layer is very thin and isnt fluffy greasy banana cream (like a fake truffle is) its kinda gritty like its got maltodextrin in it - like the center of Nutter Butter WAFER cookies. I just read the ingredients and it has banana flakes.

Wawa Sizzli FTW!

WHAT?!?! No bacon layer?!?!?   :biggrin:

Maybe they can make a Fool's Gold loaf...

Only two tablespoons of butter? Must be the low-cal version of the recipe!!

I'd give it a try, but my stomach would already have to be so full of liquor that I don't know how much I could fit in there.

Jerry

Kansas City, Mo.

Unsaved Loved Ones

My eG Food Blog- 2011

• 2 weeks later...
WHAT?!?! No bacon layer?!?!?  :biggrin:

Don't laugh-- Vosges just came out with a bacon chocolate bar! It's supposed to be delightful and I'm dying to try it (salty + sweet goodness!!), but alas, they're out of stock!

I'm going to look for the Elvis cups at CVS tonight. I hope they have them!!

You say I am mysterious. Let me explain myself. In a land of oranges, I am faithful to apples. ~ Elsa Gidlow