• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Luger Schmuger....what about Bryant & Cooper in LI

Superflytritone

Its a respectable steak place. I've eaten there a few times but their beef isn't as good as Luger's. Their sides are pretty good.

I've heard good things about Rothman's but I've never been.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I've heard good things about Rothman's but I've never been.

I remember being disappointed at Rothman's. The money would have been better spent at Luger's. Haven't been to B&C.

-- Jeff

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

Have anybody been to Bryant & Cooper in Long Island?  I have not had a bad meal there ever, which I cannot say about Peter Luger.  Any comments?

B&C is very good.

How does it compare with PL you ask? No way I'm going near that. :laugh::unsure::cool:

Rich Schulhoff

Opinions are like friends, everyone has some but what matters is how you respect them!

B&C is very good.

How does it compare with PL you ask? No way I'm going near that. :laugh:  :unsure:  :cool:

I haven't been to Bryant and Cooper in quite some time but I'd have to say based on past experience, its like comparing apples(PL) to amateur apples, IYKWIM.

Are the three brothers (we used to call them the three peacocks) still strutting around the floor?

I will say this about Bryant & Coopers, their parking lot is really annoying.

I vastly preferred the restaurant they replaced at that location, Manero's, although the last time I ate there I was probably like 10.

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Is that Rothmanns in Midtown Manhattan, or are we talking about somewhere on LI?

I was referring to the one on Northern Blvd., near Oyster Bay, LI.

-- Jeff

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members." -- Groucho Marx

I like Bryant & Cooper, but usually when we go to steak places, I get the lamb chops or lobster. Jason's grandfather likes to go to North Shore Steak House in Great Neck, which is a terrific all around restaurant, great service and they know how to treat a customer, have a well-rounded menu and bartenders with heavy hands. They also do the whole ceasar salad at the table thing, which is fun.

North Shore steakhouse also has VERY skilled bartenders who are liberal with the booze and know how to make a killer bloody mary.