• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

City Bakery

SylvB

HELP! Career change, looking to intern at City bakery this summer but I can't seem to get in touch with them, does anyone know someone there ?

I live in Paris so I can't quit walk over....THANKS

HELP! Career change, looking to intern at City bakery this summer but I can't seem to get in touch with them, does anyone know someone there ?

How did you try to contact them? By phone? Writing them? I looked up their domain info and found:

The City Bakery, LLC

Maury R. Rubin

3 West 18th Street

New York, NY 10011

US

(212) 366-1414

citybakerysara at mac dot com

"I'll put anything in my mouth twice." -- Ulterior Epicure

I've been trying through maury Rubins e-mail adress that someone gave me as well as a bunch of others I found here and there. Thanks for your help, I'm going to try this one.

How did you try to contact them? By phone? Writing them? I looked up their domain info and found:

The City Bakery, LLC

Maury R. Rubin

3 West 18th Street

New York, NY 10011

US

(212) 366-1414

citybakerysara at mac dot com

I'm starting an 8 month pastry training program in September for the basics. My idea is to open an american bakery in Paris so I need a little professional guidance. City Bakery seems to be one of the better choices for me.

Why City Bakery?

I'm starting an 8 month pastry training program in September for the basics. My idea is to open an american bakery in Paris[...]

Good luck! Do you think there will be much clientele for an American bakery in Paris?

Michael aka "Pan"

I was thinking the same thing. Its funny that there might be interest in an American bakery in a city (Paris) that most people think of as the gold standard when it comes to bakeries. Either way, good luck and keep us posted on your success!

I was thinking the same thing.  Its funny that there might be interest in an American bakery in a city (Paris) that most people think of as the gold standard when it comes to bakeries.  Either way, good luck and keep us posted on your success!

Today, most European Capitals, Paris included are multicultural. Even if France might be the hight of pastry it doesn't meen people are not open to the international including the US. The french love anything American including Starbucks and Mc Donalds so I rest assured that they will love to taste a real home made cookies as much as a "Fraisier" or an "Eclaire".