• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Recipe request- cake with most oil or butter

Sony

Hi all,

I am working on a project (training on diabetes) and was hoping to have some assistance from the peanut gallery.

I'm looking for a cake recipe that serves 8-12 people (just the cake- without frosting) that has at least 1 cup of oil, preferably more. I will be using the recipe to exemplify that even if applesauce is substituted for oil, the carbohydrate content of a recipe will not change significantly (it may even be higher).

If you have an original recipe that you'd like to PM, or you'd just like to post the ingredients but not the method, no problem. If you'd like to change the amount/type of a different ingredient (e.g. amount of baking soda, number of eggs) that's fine with me because it's inconsequential in terms of what I'm seeking. If there's a copyrighted recipe, please let me know the source so I can look up the recipe.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum- I'd appreciate any help. Thanks!

ETA: I do have a recipe that I can use- I'm just hoping to get something "fattier" than what I have to prove my point more strongly! :smile:

ETA (2): Moderator, if this is better housed in the Pastry/Baking Thread, please feel free to move.....

Edited by Sony (log)

Pumpkin Bread3- 1/3 cups flour, 3 cups sugar, 1 cup oil, 4 eggs, 2 cups canned plain pumpkin, 1-1/4 tsp salt, 1/2 t baking powder, 2 t soda, 1 tsp each cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg. Cream eggs & sugar, beat in oil, alternate mix in flour (mixed with other dry ingredients) and pumpkin. Bake at 325 for 1 to 1-1/2 hours. Use 2 loaf pans or equivalent diameter of a larger pan. Interesting learning tool you are trying!

Thanks for your input so far everyone!

I know I could just make something up, but there's the potential (if we're not pressed for time) to do a cooking demo or tasting......and a cake might be an interesting recipe to vary multiple ways (e.g. less sugar, sugar substitute, applesauce for oil, less oil, etc.)

Which is why I'd really appreciate if a recipe is changed without having been tested (e.g. you shift the # of eggs in your family's secret poundcake recipe before posting) it would be good to know that SOMETHING'S off :raz: .