• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Finally a real farm market in Bucks County

Jeff L

This coming Saturday will be the opening day for the Bucks County Foodshed Alliance Farmers Market. It will be from 9:00 am till 1:00 pm at the Grange Fair grounds in Wrightstown.

Market items Anticipated:

Organically and conventionally grown vegetables, flowers, fruit, herbs and seasonal products.

Certified organic raw milk, cheese, butter, yogurt, pudding from pastured cows

Fresh pastured chicken, duck, eggs

Apples, pears, preserves, cider

Baked goods

Organic, shade grown, fair trade, locally roasted coffee

Soaps made from local farm products

I've been really looking forward to this and hope it doesn't disappoint. So for all you EG'ers out here in the hinterlands of Bucks County, hope to see you there.

Here is their website for more info:

http://buckscountyfoodshedalliance.org/Market.htm

When at Renny Farms in Wrightstown, I try to stop at Birchwood Dairy, which appears to be represented at the market. Man, their raw milk is awesome -- comes unskimmed of cream, which rises to the top of the gallon jug. Yogurt's pretty tasty, too. I was less impressed with the butter, but I only tried it once. Nice people. Glad that Bucks residents are getting access to the bounty of the county.

Edited by cinghiale (log)

When at Renny Farms in Wrightstown, I try to stop at Birchwood Dairy, which appears to be represented at the market.  Man, their raw milk is awesome -- comes unskimmed of cream, which rises to the top of the gallon jug.  Yogurt's pretty tasty, too.  I was less impressed with the butter, but I only tried it once.  Nice people.  Glad that Bucks residents are getting access to the bounty of the county.

Birchwood Dairy appears to be in Canada, how will it be represented at the farmers market, by another farm that carries the products? Do you have any info on Renny Farms other than it appears to be a perennial Farm?

Oops. Wrong link. It's Birchwood Farm Dairy. I saw their milk bottles serving as flower vases at that restaurant on west side of 413 between Newtown and Wrightstown (sign praises their crabcakes, IIRC). They directed me to a veterinarian's office on Pineville Road, which sells Birchwood Farm Dairy products. It's near the intersection with Thompsonville Road, on which Hortulus Farm, a wonderful plant farm, part of the Heritage Conservancy, is located.