• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Monday night happy hour

zeffer81

I'm having an early dinner with a friend in CC tonight. I'd love to find a place with good food and a nice happy hour to boot. No major criteria besides reasonable prices and not French (she's been living in France for the past year.) Any recs? Thanks!

I'm having an early dinner with a friend in CC tonight.  I'd love to find a place with good food and a nice happy hour to boot.  No major criteria besides reasonable prices and not French (she's been living in France for the past year.)  Any recs?  Thanks!

Sansom Street Oyster House has good food and a good happy hour, but you have to eat at the bar to get the deals.

I'm having an early dinner with a friend in CC tonight.  I'd love to find a place with good food and a nice happy hour to boot.  No major criteria besides reasonable prices and not French (she's been living in France for the past year.)  Any recs?  Thanks!

Sansom Street Oyster House has good food and a good happy hour, but you have to eat at the bar to get the deals.

Excellent suggestion! The bluepoints are a buck apiece, and there's usually some other items at very good prices.

Bob Libkind aka "rlibkind"

Robert's Market Report

Excellent suggestion! The bluepoints are a buck apiece, and there's usually some other items at very good prices.

hmmm...sounds tempting. i've actually never been there (my list is just too long.) maybe we'll check it out and then drink cheap beers at Oscar's for dessert!

hmmm...sounds tempting. i've actually never been there (my list is just too long.) maybe we'll check it out and then drink cheap beers at Oscar's for dessert!

I actually noticed that place on my last walk to the Oyster House. I don't remember the details, but they had a sign out that I'd paraphrase as, "Nearly Free Yuengling 24/7." I'll have to check it out some time.

The Oyster House's Happy Hour alcohol deals are decent, but not great. It's the food deals that make it great. They do have that Sly Fox O'Reilly Stout on tap though. Even if it's not on special, it goes great with oysters.

The happy hour is 5-7 if I recall correctly.

hmmm...sounds tempting.  i've actually never been there (my list is just too long.)  maybe we'll check it out and then drink cheap beers at Oscar's for dessert!

don't forget the always fantastic deal at oscar's: order a cheesesteak, get a cheesesteak and a half. it's not GOOD, but it's a lot!