• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Smith Brothers Dining Saloon???

Rosie

I've been there a few times, the most recent of which being about a year ago. It's popular with commuters for getting dinner and drinks straight off the train. I consider it a neighborhood/bar food type place and couldn't really see myself going out of the way for it.

it's a tradition in ridgewood. has been there for years. and it's one of about 3 bars in ridgewood, so people go back for more.

they have outside sidewalk seating in the summer.

the food is generic pub-grub i'd say, although they probably do a few things well, which would explain while people return.

the smoky bar area is a nice change from the generic "office" around the corner.

the customers at the bar seem to hail from somewhere besides ridgewood. i'm not sure what that means.

I really hated this place. The service was horrible. I ordered a French Dip and I was served the coldest, rarest, most disgusting roast beef I have ever seen on a stale roll that was cut like a club sandwich. I still question whether it was roast beef I was served.

I sent it back right away and requested a cheese burger instead. The burger reached my table in less than 2 minutes. It obviously was cooked too fast. I have seen it before. The cook throws it in the broiler, right under the flame and broils the hell out of the outside with little concern for the inside. They had little concern for customer satisfaction.

The Man, The Myth

TapItorScrapIt.com