• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

What's up with the Cook-Zen?

Fat Guy

There seems to be a big PR initiative underway to promote a product called the Cook-Zen. It's a Japanese product, created by Machiko Chiba, billed as "Japan's leading cooking advisor for restaurants and major companies." It seems to be a small pot with a lid, that you put in your microwave oven. As if by magic, everything you cook in it comes out beautifully.

http://www.cook-zen.com/

Anybody have a Cook-Zen? Is it legit?

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

This is reminding me of microwave pressure cookers. I had one for years, that I loved (it was made by Nordicware), but it bit the dust at some point (because of a kid artware project).

I'm wondering how different the Cook-Zen thing is?

If you go to ebay and search for microwave pressure cookers, you'll see a bunch of them, all for far less than $55.00!

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"