• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Building an outdoor brick oven

dhut

I am considering building a brick oven outside to cook Pizza, Bread, ect. I am pretty much a novice a masonry, but was wondering if anybody could point me in the right direction as far as starting such a project. Any usefull tips, points on what not to do, or links to plans, information or anything else helpfull would be much appreciated.

Also, any encouraging words from those of you who might already have an oven, along with receipes would be helpfull.

Thanks.

Be sure to check out this thread, and have a look into FornoBravo's free plans...

So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money. But when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness."

So I got that goin' for me, which is nice.