• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Newbury College: What do you know?

MarkIsCooking

Hello all:

Newbury College is in Brookline, MA, near my home. I've been strongly considering entering their culinary arts program. Since I have a family, I really need something close by, so schools further away won't work for me.

Do you have any info about the quality of this school? its teaching staff? its credentials? how people in the restaurant industry feel about graduates from there?

Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Edited by MarkIsCooking (log)

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child

One of my former instructors teaches in the pastry program and the pastry program is well-regarded. I don't have any information about the savory side, though. What other schools/programs are you comparing it to? There's the school in Cambridge, but I can't remember the name of it (brain lapse!) at this second.

One of my former instructors teaches in the pastry program and the pastry program is well-regarded.  I don't have any information about the savory side, though.  What other schools/programs are you comparing it to?  There's the school in Cambridge, but I can't remember the name of it (brain lapse!) at this second.

Thanks! I found it. Cambridge School of Culinary Arts

Looks very interesting.

---------------------------------------------------------

"If you don't want to use butter, add cream."

Julia Child