• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Me & Stanley on Fox News today

Fat Guy

Ron, do you recall which courts let cell phones past the security checkpoint and which don't? I have a clear recollection of always having mine confiscated in the federal courts.

Steven A. Shaw aka "Fat Guy"
Co-founder, Society for Culinary Arts & Letters, sshaw@egstaff.org
Proud signatory to the eG Ethics code
Director, New Media Studies, International Culinary Center (take my food-blogging course)

I read some reports that claimed that the reason cell-phone use is more distracting than radio or talking is because it uses a different part of the brain.  Something about the part of the brain that creates the same images/awareness of sight.

being someone who drives quite a bit, and studies the driving habits of those around him (for safety reasons), i can say that a large percentage of the public doesn't use *any* part of their brain while driving. therefore, cellphone usage is probably a good thing.

Ron, do you recall which courts let cell phones past the security checkpoint and which don't? I have a clear recollection of always having mine confiscated in the federal courts.

Here, neither the federal nor state court security checkpoints will confiscate a cellphone.

I think the marshalls secretly get a kick out of the whole thing. Maybe thats why they let them through.

I wish I lived in this idiot Phil Reed's district so I could vote against him. This is the guy who says "You have to legislate so they'll put it on vibrate."

Sheesh... Instead of talking we hear moaning instead? That makes sense. :laugh:

Food4Thought...

Au contrar. (sic) ? Although I am not a loud moaner I am not quite sure what would be more acceptable in a restaurant. Maybe phone sex would be the equalizer? :hmmm:

Not sure if FG wants to get into this??

• 2 weeks later...
I can tell you first-hand that Terry Keenan makes a terrific roasted leg of lamb. I can try to get her to post her chutney recipe.

Can't we first figure out whether she's single and interested in tall, Jewish men? Whether she can cook is not that important.