• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Goose Stock

TarteTatin

Mr. Tarte Tatin made a fresh, local, goose for Thanksgiving. Yesterday, he used the carcass and made a million tubs of fantastic goose stock for the freezer.

What to do with it?

Can we make soup?

(If this post should be under the topic already called, "Goose", feel free to move it. I just thought that since it was so specific a question, this would be ok?)

Philly Francophiles

Not quite goose, but we used to make a duck-bbq sauce that was spiced with chipotles and it was great. Pretty much a very spicy (and aromatic) bbq sauce that was thinned with duck stock. I'm sure it will work great with goose as well

Follow me @chefcgarcia

Fábula, my restaurant in Santiago, Chile

My Blog, en Español

I've seen goose stock used in a twist on French Onion soup.

A Béchamel from Goose is the basis for Gansleinmachsuppe.

~C

"There's something very Khmer Rouge about Alice Waters that has become unrealistic." - Bourdain; interviewed on dcist.com