• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Vancouver on $44 a day.

Ling

dinner- hsg for hangar steak

Main Entry: 1han·gar

Pronunciation: 'ha[ng]-&r, 'ha[ng]-g&r

Function: noun

Etymology: French

: SHELTER, SHED; especially : a covered and usually enclosed area for housing and repairing aircraft

sounds like an unusual steak. maybe you mean hanger?

Fortunately, Jason, I believe most people that dine and use this website knew what I meant. Perhaps, Jason, you need to spend more time on editing your website. Thank You

sounds like an unusual steak. maybe you mean hanger? (as long as we are on the subject of english and spelling and such, I believe you are missing some capitals)

Again, thank you.

Gerald Tritt,

Co-Owner

Vera's Burger Shack

My Webpage

Breakfast - almond croissant from La Baguette et L'echalote, coffee from PICA counter or from JJ Bean in the market. $6

I actually think Sen5es almond croissant is better, but Ling already said that one, and anyway, I find the entire experience of eating the croissant outside at Granville Island very satisfying.

Lunch - Dim Sum at International Chinese Restaurant on Hastings - about $11 for anyone out of town who doesn't normally get a lot of dim sum.

Dinner - now you've got $27 to have dinner at Yuji's Japanese Tapas, which should be plenty to get you a nice meal. Or save a few dollars for a candy store spree down the street afterwards.

Alternately,

For brunch, have a $2.99 breakfast anywhere with a coffee, or a big bowl of pho and an iced vietnamese coffee, and then have Rack of lamb at Senhor Roosters for an early dinner ($35).

To be honest, I'm on a pretty tight budget in my normal life, so $44 isn't that out of the ordinary for me. Should we start a thread for "Vancouver on $440 a day"?

Edited by Dumpling Girl (log)