• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

heidih

heidih

14 minutes ago, Hassouni said:

did a straight 1:1 maseca : hot water today and switched the ziplocks for shopping bag plastic. Getting the plastic off was a bit easier, but still had some breakages, and literally half the tortillas broke on my way from the hand to the griddle. What the hell is going on?? Is my dough too wet?

I think we need a "go fund me" to send you to a mamale in Mexico once the borders open or come to LA and I'll take you to one.

heidih

heidih

14 minutes ago, Hassouni said:

did a straight 1:1 maseca : hot water today and switched the ziplocks for shopping bag plastic. Getting the plastic off was a bit easier, but still had some breakages, and literally half the tortillas broke on my way from the hand to the griddle. What the hell is going on?? Is my dough too wet?

I think we need a "go fund me" to send you to a mamale in Mexico ones the borders open or come to LA and I'll take you to one.

heidih

heidih

12 minutes ago, Hassouni said:

I think we need a "go fund me" to send you to a mamale in Mexico ones the borders open