• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Clementon Park For Family, No Dress Code

CoolPapaBell

I guess it’s metro Philly, which is discussed generally in the PA forum, but I figured I have less of chance at getting hollered at in the NJ forum.

Anyway, the kids seem to want to go to Clementon Park when we visit South Jersey next. Where to take a family to eat? I know WIP named this Fat Jack’s place “Best of Philly” ribs. When I Googled for corroboration, I saw the not-so-reliable Courier Post had it “among the best” with chicken wings.

All in all, I’m certainly leaning that direction—wings and ribs will do me well. Do I need to be talked into something else?

BTW, I’d be driving down Centennial which begat East Clementon, which begat East Gibbsboro, so anything near that route is great. I've been known to eat to and from.

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

I guess it’s metro Philly, which is discussed generally in the PA forum, but I figured I have less of chance at getting hollered at in the NJ forum.

Anyway, the kids seem to want to go to Clementon Park when we visit South Jersey next.  Where to take a family to eat?  I know WIP named this Fat Jack’s place “Best of Philly” ribs.  When I Googled for corroboration, I saw the not-so-reliable Courier Post had it “among the best” with chicken wings.

All in all, I’m certainly leaning that direction—wings and ribs will do me well.  Do I need to be talked into something else?

BTW, I’d be driving down Centennial which begat East Clementon, which begat East Gibbsboro, so anything near that route is great.  I've been known to eat to and from.

What is Clementon Park? :huh: And why would you get hollered at? :unsure:

Edited by Dana329 (log)

Clementon Amusement park

Anyway, the kids seem to want to go to Clementon Park when we visit South Jersey next.  Where to take a family to eat?  I know WIP named this Fat Jack’s place “Best of Philly” ribs.  When I Googled for corroboration, I saw the not-so-reliable Courier Post had it “among the best” with chicken wings.

All in all, I’m certainly leaning that direction—wings and ribs will do me well.  Do I need to be talked into something else?

BTW, I’d be driving down Centennial which begat East Clementon, which begat East Gibbsboro, so anything near that route is great.  I've been known to eat to and from.

What is Clementon Park? :huh: And why would you get hollered at? :unsure:

http://www.clementonpark.com/

I just moved to South Jersey a few months ago, and was not aware of Fat Jack's. Thanks for the recommendation, coolpapabell.

Edited by jmbrightman (log)

Ahhh, have you been, or do you know someone whose been there? It used to be a hot spot for the youth of Camden and other's that you may not want preying on your family. I lived there many years ago and it's had a reputation for many years.

Ahhh, have you been, or do you know someone whose been there? It used to be a hot spot for the youth of Camden and other's that you may not want preying on your family. I lived there many years ago and it's had a reputation for many years.

Hum, interesting. I shall ask the cousins up there. I have not been since the 70s shortly after I was a Camden youth back when Camden youth could walk the streets safely.

Plenty of other options for when we visit but my kids love “lazy rivers” and we went to Sesame last year, so we'd figure on trying something new.

I’ll ask my cousins, they are still hip on the SJ scene. I had heard they upgraded the park since the days of the Jackrabbit having been the feature ride.

But on the topic of food, this seems to get some good press in Clementon, Laurel Seafood. Anyone been?

Edited by CoolPapaBell (log)

Nobody eats at that restaurant anymore. It's always too crowded.

---Yogi Berra

We went with our kids (boys 3 and 6) and friends on Memorial Day, and we had a great day in the water park. it was all families early on, but the crowd became rougher around the edges after 4PM, when the park offers reduced price admission. We left shortly after 5. the food in the park was limited to hot dogs and pretzels ($3 hot dog makes the .80 super pretzel a bargain); other choices will be available as the season progresses. or are you concerned about Fat Jack's as a destination?