• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Wine Shop in NYC

freshherbs

The Burgundy Wine Company in the Chelsea market

specializes in Burgundy and Oregon Pinot.

Burgundy Wine has a tasting every Wednesday of three wines. And every other week they have live jazz (bass and guitar players) to accompany the tasting.

The Burgundy Wine Company is actually at 143 West 26th Street (between 6th/7th Ave.) It's a great store, and the people there very friendly and helpful. According to their website they have tastings every day, but I know for sure that they have them on Saturdays.

The one in Chelsea Market is called Chelsea Wine Vault, which has a large selection of wines from various regions.

Edited by I_call_the_duck (log)

Karen C.

"Oh, suddenly life’s fun, suddenly there’s a reason to get up in the morning – it’s called bacon!" - Sookie St. James

Travelogue: Ten days in Tuscany

When Moore Bros. opens on 20th St, you will find them to be a welcome addition for what you're looking for.

Moore brothers will be a welcome addition here. However I would argue that they

fill a very small niche--an interesting one at that.

They are not known for their depth and breadth of Burgundy or any particular wines

they are known for their own often unique selections much like kermit Lynch on the West Coast and the Rosenthal Wine Shop here.

The Burgundy Wine Company is actually at 143 West 26th Street (between 6th/7th Ave.) It's a great store, and the people there very friendly and helpful. According to their website they have tastings every day, but I know for sure that they have them on Saturdays.

The one in Chelsea Market is called Chelsea Wine Vault, which has a large selection of wines from various regions.

Yeesh--you are right!

Both are good sources.

also all the big majors here have wide selections:

Sherry, Morell. Acker etc etc.

Burgundy does have a bottle open every day. But on Wednesdays they usually open three and its a bit more of a tasting environment. They usually have a bit of cheese as well.