• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Valentine's Day

eatvancouver

I had the most amazing service (and food!) and CinCin's last night. Our sommelier/server, Jaime, was so knowledgable and friendly...he spent so much time with us last night talking about the food we were having (just appetizers and dessert, as we came in at 10pm having had dinner already). He also told us about a number of dishes on the regular menu that I'm excited about trying. Honestly, I can't remember a time when I had such great service. Props to CinCin's for showing us a wonderful time on the busiest night of the year!!

Hi Lorna,

I'm happy to hear about your great experience with Jamie at Cin Cin's. I worked there for 5 years before heading off to Joe's and Jamie and I would always chat about wine. He is one of the most intense human beings when it comes to wine discussions. I run into him every so often after work and our conversations always come around to wine. He is so animated in describing a wine that he makes me laugh :laugh: .

Derek