• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

NJ Restaurant Smoking Ban

dbrociner

Well, in NYC the ban includes outdoor dining areas.[...]

Please provide a reference if you have one. I don't think I've ever seen a regulation against smoking outdoors enforced, but I have seen signs saying "smoking section" at outdoor sections of New York City restaurants and bars.

Michael aka "Pan"

Well, in NYC the ban includes outdoor dining areas.[...]

Please provide a reference if you have one. I don't think I've ever seen a regulation against smoking outdoors enforced, but I have seen signs saying "smoking section" at outdoor sections of New York City restaurants and bars.

Here's the law itself, I suppose that is an acceptable reference, Apparently smoking can only be permitted in outdoor dining areas if it comprises less than 25% of the total outdoor dining space. (Section 22/c:1)

http://www.nycclash.com/LocalLaw47.html