• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jean-Luc Thunevin @ Club Chasse et Pêche!

jfl91

Jean-Luc Thunevin from the famous Château Valandraud will be in Montreal in February and the Club Chasse et Pêche will host him and his wines for 2 nights (February 6 & 7 2006) with a beautiful tasting menu to match the wines.

www.classesdemaitre.com

No, Hubert is a good friend since I was always at his restaurant (Cube). I am a big fan of Claude Pelletier cuisine for more than 8 years actually (since his debut at Mediteraneo).

I had the idea of bringing Mr. thunevin to Montreal since I organize wine tasting for a passion and there was no other place in my mind than Club Chasse et Pêche to do this event. Hubert is part of many of our wine tastings and he knows what's all about. The place is really warm and comfortable and I seriously think that Club Chasse et Pêche will become THE place for the best ''fine wine gastronomic dinner'' in Montreal.

Valandraud is really expensive at SAQ (over 700-800$ a bottle). This is a good event to taste these amazing wines in company of Mr. Thunevin himself for way less than it would cost at any other restaurant in the province. The people in the wine industry are really happy and interested in our event and tickets are selling at lightning speed.

Edited by jfl91 (log)

Wow, cook'em - would it matter - even if jfl91 OWNS the place???.. I see no harm done!!

Announcements and straight facts from pros and their followers should be encouraged as far as I am concerned... how else are we supposed to know? After the fact by some tourist that happend to wander in? Or from the insiders that show up here after the fact to brag....?

If you're not interested or the info does not concern you, let it go... in IMHO.

Also - I guess CC&P finally has a website - well - one page.

I am not sure but I think Hubert is working on the web-site and it should be ready soon.

Club Chasse et Pêche is really a Hubert Marsolais & Claude Pelletier restaurant. I am just a good client there, really.

Great info, thanks for sharing! This is what we need in this forum (hint, hint to some people around here).

Freakin', eh. Way too many posts about affordable eateries, local produce, inexpensive wines, shopping and <shudder> ethnic food. Far too few posts about celebrities, their hangers-on and would-be hangers-on. I mean, we're from Montreal, our standards are high! Thank gawd someone's talking about $300 tastings of overextracted, overoaked, overhyped, overpriced wines served to Beautiful and Very Important People in chic and exclusive settings. Guess sometimes it takes an infrequent contributor to tell the regulars how they should lead their lives. Thanks!

Seriously carswell, Valandraud over-extracted and over-oaked??

Sorry but Valandraud is in the top 5 of la rive-droite de Bordeaux easily.

Since 1993, (wich was a really difficult vintage in Bordeaux) Valandraud confirmed that his price and reputation was no joke. This wine is pure, rich, complex, charming and very long. Over-extracted?? No way! Do you know the difference between over-extrated and when the fruit is ripe?

I tasted all the vintage of Valandraud many times and I can tell you that you are WRONG.

295$ for a tasting/dinner like this is really cheap for people that have a real interest. 7 services and 8 glasses of wine. The Valandraud 2000 is 800$ at SAQ and Valandraud 2000 is less expensive than the 95 and 98 wich are part of the tasting. Just do the math!

Edited by jfl91 (log)

Seriously carswell, Valandraud over-extracted and over-oaked??

Sorry but Valandraud is in the top 5 of la rive-droite de Bordeaux easily.

Since 1993, (wich was a really difficult vintage in Bordeaux) Valandraud confirmed that his price and reputation was no joke. This wine is pure, rich, complex, charming and very long. Over-extracted??  No way!  Do you know the difference between over-extrated and when the fruit is ripe?

I tasted all the vintage of Valandraud many times and I can tell you that you are WRONG.

I wouldn't dream of telling another winelover they were wrong about their preferences, jfl91. De gustibus non disputandem est. And, in fact, until prompted by the snide and snobbish lecturing of iharrison or sensorial or whomever he is, I'd bit my tongue and not made even a joking reply to your thread. Especially as I haven't tasted or been tempted to taste the Valandraud since the 1995, which I tried on release and dumped after a couple of sips.

As I'm sure you know, Valandraud is one of the garagistes. Parker, of course, loves the garagistes and their wines, which are produced in miniscule quantities, whence the high prices. Many others, including me, are less sanguine. To verify this, Google Valandraud and some of the adjectives I used. You'll turn up a lot of praise for the wine and you'll also turn up descriptions like these:

"I have to say, that I tasted around twenty wines made by Thunevin, including De Valandraud, and it was the most depressing tasting of Bordeaux wines I have ever made, they all tasted the same. They should have been poured into one exceptionally large vat, stirred and bottled as 'Thunevin 2000' ... All the wines have the same approach, totally overextracted, late picked and overoaked."

- http://www.wineanorak.com/b2000ballantyne.htm

"Chateau Valandraud 2001

75% Merlot, 5% Cab Franc, 2.5% Petit Verdot, 2.5% Malbec. Coffee and tobacco aromas with raspberry infusions. International style – powerful and sweet. Great density and length. Some found it over the top. Not for the faint of heart."

- http://www.klwines.com/futures/01st_emilion.asp

"A powerhouse, new style Bordeaux. It reveals an extremely extracted nose ... that is followed by a equally dense palate of enormous concentration with ripe, smooth tannins and great complexity .... Obviously a wine of very good raw material made in an international style, this is satisfying from a "hedonistic :-)" point of view but I'd have hard time to indentify it as Bordeaux when served blind."

- http://www.wineloverspage.com/user_submitt...notes/8002.html

"It seems producers are hell-bent on a particular way of competing internationally. They have, for this purpose, embraced a globalist ethos and are creating wines with the characteristics consumers find desirable in the products of New–World powerhouses like Australia and Chile. Forget uniqueness and authenticity. The bottom line requires the creation of a drink that can deliver the same thing the Aussies do, but cheaper. Argentine bodegas appear to want to show the world that they can do Concha y Toro better than Concha y Toro. Oh, and lest I forget, at the high end they can do Harlan, too. And Turley. And Valandraud."

- http://www.wineloverspage.com/user_submitt.../tn_450677.html

I realized that right at the next table over from us is Pamela Anderson. Now, I'm usually slow to make value judgements based on someone's outward physical appearance but I'll go out on a limb and on record right here and now to state that Ms. Anderson is at a whole other level than any of the other Baywatch actresses. If she was a bottle of wine she’d be Valandraud or Le Pin or some sorta Grand Cru from Dominic Laurent. Longevity? Staying power? Who needs 'em?"

- http://www.enemyvessel.com/forum/topic.asp...all+have+issues

">If you are applying a facile universal gob standard of thickness, purpleness, and richness...

Well, what other standard would you apply to choose Dom. Laurent, for example, as great Burgundy and leave out the likes of Rousseau, Drouhin, etc. Or to chose Valandraud and Canon-La Gaffelière as great Libournais wines while leaving out the likes of Vieux Château Certan?"

- http://www.enemyvessel.com/forum/topic.asp...all+have+issues

"Maybe I'm old fassioned, but for me the character of soil in wine is important, not neutral, sweet, jammy, thick and overextracted soup of Merlot."

- http://72.14.207.104/search?q=cache:Q9x30j...extracted&hl=en

But thanks for reminding me that I forgot to include overripe in my string of adjectives. :raz:

295$ for a tasting/dinner like this is really cheap for people that have a real interest.  7 services and 8 glasses of wine.  The Valandraud 2000 is 800$ at SAQ and Valandraud 2000 is less expensive than the 95 and 98 wich are part of the tasting.  Just do the math!

Agreed. For people who are interested, it's good value. But, again, my comments weren't directed at the event but at iharrison, who could easily have stopped at "Thanks for sharing!". What is it about you newly arrived high-end event lovers that leads you try to tell other participants, many of whom have been around this forum for far longer than you and contributed much more to its success, what they should and shouldn't be discussing?

I hope your tasting's a success.

Edited by carswell (log)

It's funny that the real, well known critics of this world are all ranking Valandraud really well. Even the GJE is ranking Valandraud as the 5th best wine of all Bordeaux for the last 4 vintages. Such riddiculous comments by http://www.wineloverspage.com! They like Vieux Château Certan but they make fun of Le Pin wich is produced by the same people. Valandraud and Le Pin are not big, over the top wines

(Greenock Creek and Grange are over the top)!

They are refined, concentrated, complex wines. When did you try the 95, in 98-99 when the wine was still disjointed? Yes, maybe the new oak was not integrated yet but the 95 is beautiful at the moment.

I don't think the number of post make a good argument in here. This is superficial for me. And carswell, if you are offuscated because of my post about Quebec wines, I will tell you again ''that was not my intention''! It's a fact the Wines produced in Quebec are not good and producers will need many years and a lot of work to make decent wines.

Get a look at these (COH = rate of cohesion):

http://www.winevegas.com/english_version.pdf Alot of really good tasters in the GJE, including Olivier Poussier.

GJE again but for the vintage 1998:

Date : du 30 octobre 2003 au 2 novembre 2003

Lieu : Villa d’Este – Cernobbio (Lago di Como)

Thème : Grands vins du bordelais – millésime 1998

Technique : conservation des vins en EuroCave à 14 ° et service à 16°/17° en verres « authentis n° 1 » de Spiegelau

Dégustateurs – Membres Permanents du GJE invités à cette session

Allemagne : Otto Geisel – Joël Payne

Autriche : Peter Moser

France : Philippe Bourguignon – Didier Bureau – Bernard Burtschy – Jean-Pierre Giraud – Laurent Vialette – François Wilhelm

Italie : Gabriele Bava – Alessandro Masnaghetti – Giampaolo Motta – Marco Reitano – Luciano Sandrone – Enzo Vizzari

Luxembourg : Abi Duhr

Portugal : Dirk Von Niepoort

Royaume-Uni : Neville Blech

Suisse : Jacques Perrin – Patrick Regamey – Georges Unia

Dégustateurs Invités

Aurélie Chobert – Sylvie Gautreau – Bernard Hervet - Henri de Pracomtal - Claudio Tipa

Partenaires du GJE

British Airways – Villa d’Este – Country-Club Geneva – Taransaud – Eldor – EuroCave – Screwpull – Fontanella SpA - Spiegelau

RESULTAT PAR CATEGORIES DE ***** à * DES 100 PREMIERS VINS SUR LES 110 VINS DEGUSTES

RG Cote VIN AOC

1 ***** Pavie Saint-émilion grand cru

2 ***** La Mondotte Saint-émilion grand cru

3 ***** Tertre Roteboeuf Saint-émilion grand cru

4 ***** Valandraud Saint-émilion grand cru

5 ***** Monbousquet Saint-émilion grand cru

6 ***** Clos de l'Oratoire Saint-émilion grand cru

7 ****(*) Petrus Pomerol

8 ****(*) Canon-la-Gaffelière Saint-émilion grand cru

9 ****(*) Haut-Condissas Médoc

10 ****(*) Pavie-Decesse Saint-émilion grand cru

11 ****(*) Beauregard Pomerol

12 ****(*) Grand Mayne Saint-émilion grand cru

13 ****(*) Ausone Saint-émilion grand cru

14 ****(*) Pavie-Macquin Saint-émilion grand cru

15 ****(*) Berliquet Saint-émilion grand cru

16 ****(*) Angélus Saint-émilion grand cru

17 ****(*) La Tour Figeac Saint-émilion grand cru

18 ****(*) Domaine de Chevalier Pessac-léognan

19 ****(*) Pichon-Longueville Baron Pauillac

20 ****(*) Pape Clément Pessac-léognan

21 ****(*) Clos Fourtet Saint-émilion grand cru

22 **** Le Bon Pasteur Pomerol

23 **** Smith Haut-Lafitte Pessac-léognan

24 **** Cheval Blanc Saint-émilion grand cru

25 **** La Fleur de Gay Pomerol

26 **** Langoa-Barton Saint-julien

27 **** Léoville las Cases Saint-julien

28 **** Troplong Mondot Saint-émilion grand cru

29 **** Trotanoy Pomerol

30 **** Poujeaux Moulis

31 **** Lafite Pauillac

32 **** Léoville Poyferré Saint-julien

33 **** Figeac Saint-émilion grand cru

34 **** Lagrange Saint-julien

35 **** Canon Saint-émilion grand cru

36 **** Haut-Marbuzet Saint-estèphe

37 **** Margaux Margaux

38 **** Mouton-Rothschild Pauillac

39 **** Talbot Saint-julien

40 **** Haut-Brion Pessac-léognan

41 **** du Tertre Margaux

42 **** Marquis de Terme Margaux

42 **** Rollan de By Médoc

42 **** Phélan Ségur Saint-estèphe

45 **** Dauzac Margaux

46 **** Beau-Séjour Bécot Saint-émilion grand cru

47 **** Larrivet-Haut-Brion Pessac-léognan

48 **** Haut-Bailly Pessac-léognan

49 **** Pichon-Longueville Comtesse Pauillac

50 **** Les Carmes Haut-Brion Pessac-léognan

51 **** Dassault Saint-émilion grand cru

52 **** Branaire-Ducru Saint-julien

53 **** Roc de Cambes Côtes de bourg

54 **** Greysac Médoc

55 **** La Croix de Gay Pomerol

56 **** Rauzan-Ségla Margaux

57 **** Camensac Haut-Médoc

58 **** Malescot Saint-Exupéry Margaux

58 **** Citran Haut-Médoc

60 **** Petit-Village Pomerol

61 **** Sociando-Mallet Haut-Médoc

62 **** Kirwan Margaux

63 **** Lynch-Bages Pauillac

64 **** La Louvière Graves

65 **** Haut-Corbin Saint-émilion grand cru

66 **** Carbonnieux Pessac-léognan

66 **** Chasse - Spleen Moulis

68 **** La Mission Haut-Brion Pessac-léognan

69 **** Dalem Fronsac

70 **** Brane Cantenac Margaux

71 **** La Conseillante Pomerol

72 **** Prieuré-Lichine Margaux

73 **** Lafon-Rochet Saint-estèphe

74 **** Larmande Saint-émilion grand cru

75 **** La Fleur de Bouard Lalande de pomerol

76 ***(*) Cos d'Estournel Saint-estèphe

77 ***(*) Clerc-Milon Pauillac

78 ***(*) Olivier Pessac-léognan

79 ***(*) La Tour Carnet Haut-Médoc

80 ***(*) Faizeau Montagne-saint-émilion

81 ***(*) Monbrison Margaux

82 ***(*) Labégorce Margaux

83 ***(*) Giscours Margaux

84 ***(*) Léoville Barton Saint-julien

85 ***(*) Cantenac-Brown Margaux

86 ***(*) Coufran Haut-Médoc

87 *** Clos du Jaugueyron Haut-Médoc

88 *** Clarke Listrac

89 *** Nénin Pomerol

90 *** Latour-Martillac Pessac-léognan

91 *** Cantemerle Haut-Médoc

92 *** de Chantegrive Graves

93 *** d'Armailhac Pauillac

94 *** Pontet-Canet Pauillac

95 *** La Tour de By Médoc

96 *** Picque Caillou Pessac-léognan

97 *** Haut - Bergey Pessac-léognan

98 *** de France Pessac-léognan

99 *** Lanessan Haut-Médoc

100 *** Malartic - Lagravière Pessac-léognan

http://www.iacchosypuros.com/pdf/GJEBord02.pdf

A classic St.-Emilion, the 1998 exhibits a dark plum/purple color as well as an elegant nose of mocha, coffee, cherries, blackberries, and chocolate. It has turned out to be more finesse-styled and less exotic than past vintages. This medium to full-bodied, beautifully concentrated wine reveals chocolate overtones in the aromas and flavors. With exceptional purity, balance, and length, it should turn out to be one of the most elegant Valandrauds yet produced. Anticipated maturity: 2002-2020.

Big deal. Most of the top ten wines are new wave merlots and numero uno is Pavie, the worst offender of all. Guess that tells us where the jury's palate lies. The clincher is the unattributed tasting note at the end, which has to be by Robert Parker himself (correct me if I'm wrong). And there you have it: these wines appeal to Parker and "Parkerized" palates, people with a taste for blockbuster wines that are made in a highly concentrated, low acid style from ultraripe fruit, that are heavily oaked and that have little sense of place. To judge by your postings here and on Crus et Saveurs, you appear to be in that group. Fine. Even setting aside the issue of their inflated price, such wines are not my cup of tea (and I say that as someone who has far more Bordeaux in his cellar than wines from any other region). Fine. Neither you nor I is right or wrong, except as far as his own palate goes.

If you want to continue this discussion, you should take it to the Wine forum. But, really, what's the point?

Edited by carswell (log)

There is more than a personnal taste in that. We are talking about a exceptionally well made wine and nobody can't say Valandraud is not a good wine. Even Decanter talk good about Valandraud.

As for my personal taste, it's very diversified and my tasting group is all about fine and elegant burgundies.

P.S. What is your favorite wine carswell? You seem to like the Bordeaux, so you must like the 82, 61, 59 and 47 vintages? How do you think the wines from these vintages were tasting at 5 years of age? Pichon Lalande 82 wich is fabulous at the moment was really concentrated, ripe with a big load of sweet tannin at 5 years of age. I am not old enough so I didn't try the 61 and 47 when young but these wines were just the same. These days winemakers pick the grapes more ripe than before and they produce better wines in difficult vintage than before also. Do you taste blind?

Great info, thanks for sharing! This is what we need in this forum (hint, hint to some people around here).

Freakin', eh. Way too many posts about affordable eateries, local produce, inexpensive wines, shopping and <shudder> ethnic food. Far too few posts about celebrities, their hangers-on and would-be hangers-on. I mean, we're from Montreal, our standards are high! Thank gawd someone's talking about $300 tastings of overextracted, overoaked, overhyped, overpriced wines served to Beautiful and Very Important People in chic and exclusive settings. Guess sometimes it takes an infrequent contributor to tell the regulars how they should lead their lives. Thanks!

Whoa dude, chill with the hostility. I was simply agreeing with sf&m that it's nice to read these announcements from time to time, regardless of whether the poster has a "vested interest" in the restaurant. If you read my past posts, you'll see that I've delved plenty into affordable eateries, local produce and ethnic food, most recently in a mini-spat with Vinfidel in a Ruth Reichl thread.

What is it about you newly arrived high-end event lovers that leads you try to tell other participants, many of whom have been around this forum for far longer than you and contributed much more to its success, what they should and shouldn't be discussing?

carswell, relax.

You don't even know me. "Newly arrived high-end event lovers"? What is THAT?

I wasn't trying to tell anybody here what they should or shouldn't be discussing. I've been around here long enough to participate and damn, even if I just joined, I have a right to express my opinion, just as much as ANY member. I was just happy that someone shared the news about the tasting menu. I think the forum would benefit with more event notices like that, whether they be high-end, medium-end or low-end. Jeez.

What is with all the bitterness? Did I strike a chord?

As for the name change, I'm making a statement about the sketchiness of anonymity in these forums, an issue once raised bravely by Lesley Chesterman. So yes, call me iharrison now.

My name is Ian Harrison and my cell is 514 583 3290. If you have a personal problem with me, give me a call and we can discuss it like civilized humans. But don't ream me out for no good reason. It's low and probably beneath you.

Whoa dude, chill with the hostility. I was simply agreeing with sf&m that it's nice to read these announcements from time to time, regardless of whether the poster has a "vested interest" in the restaurant.

All right, I jumped to conclusions. My bad. At the same time, you were unclear. After digesting your initial comment ("This is what we need in this forum (hint, hint to some people around here)."), I actually reread the thread from the beginning to see who you were referring to. I didn't twig on cook-em-all since, sf&m's rejoinder notwithstanding, he was not out of line in asking whether jfl91 is in the business (eG policy is that people with a vested interest in a concern under discussion are supposed to declare it). On the other hand, your comment came in a thread about high-end wines started by someone who had recently and repeatedly enjoined people, including me, to stop talking about Quebec wines or certain Quebec wines because, as far as I can tell, they aren't up to his exalted standards. I connected the dots. Unfortunately they weren't the right ones. You have my apology.

And, yes, I'm touchy on this issue. Some members of this group have, at one time or another, tried to throw a wet dishrag on discussions about ethnic food and holes in Montreal's gastronomic tapestry. That kind of censorship and blind boosterism is abhorent. IMHO, of course.

If you read my past posts, you'll see that I've delved plenty into affordable eateries, local produce and ethnic food, most recently in a mini-spat with Vinfidel in a Ruth Reichl thread.

Funny you should mention the Reichl thread, as your condescending tone and refusal to reply to polite questions or support your claims there or to continue the discussion on this forum also set me up to assume the worst about your comments above.

As for real names, eGullet has the good sense to recognize that many participants have valid reasons for using pseudonyms and not to impose a real names policy. There's been considerable discussion of this on other fora; see Anonymity when posting on food and wine boards for the most recent example. And besides, implementing such a policy would deprive brave real-namers of so many opportunities for one-upmanship... :cool:

Edited by carswell (log)

I read this thread with some interest. I guess Thunevin is "making the rounds" as I will be attending a tasting (led by him) of all thirteen vintages of Valandraud (plus his kosher wine) at the end of January here in New York City.

I find many of the comments/reactions here to be interesting.

I wonder how many people with strong opinions about the wine have actually tasted it?

It is funny (and frustrating) how people often react to wine based upon conventional wisdom rather than actual experience.

I would be more interested in how individuals respond to the wine in question not what some critic or writer has written. (I can always read them).

I have also found that the conventional wisdom is often wrong when I actually experienced the wine personally. I believe if more people really did form their own opinions via their own experience that wisdom would not be so "conventional."

As an example, I offer my experience with some so called "cult" cabernets from California. The conventional wisdom is that many of these wines are over priced, over oaked, over extracted, modern (used as a perjorative), big, monolithic, uninteresting , not elegant etc etc etc.

When I have actually tasted them (Screaming Eagle, Colgin, Harlan etc) I have found them to be "none of the above."

So where does this "conventional wisdom" come from?

We often get caught up in taking sides in whatever the critical debate of the moment is. We form opinions based upon what other people think/write. Not on our own experiences.

To be fair to the writers and critics etc, they are offering up opinion for discussion and review--information to be used by us. Unfortunately, we often buy into (or disagree with) their opinions without the most important element in the equation--our own experience--we don't taste the wines in question.

I have not tasted Valandraud--yet. One reason I am looking forward to tasting them is I am curious to see what all the hoopla is. To form my own educated opinion about these wines.

I also believe that a lot of the conventional wisdom is a result of price. That is, anything that costs a lot of money (for whatever reasons) is fair game. Fair enough, but price and value can only be assigned or discussed after a wine is tasted and evaluated. I recall that at one time, I thought paying over a hundred dollars for any wine was obscene-- Until I tasted a 1978 Cros Parantoux from Jayer and then a Montrachet from DRC and a Grange hermitage and a 75 D'Yquem...............

One can always disagree here but the discussion/debate is always more rewarding when price is the last (and least) part of the equation.

Anyway--I will post my impressions of the Valandrauds here (in the wine forum) I would hope that any who are attending the Montreal event will do the same!

I look forward to discussing these wines with others who have experienced them!

Cheers!!!!!

Whoa dude, chill with the hostility. I was simply agreeing with sf&m that it's nice to read these announcements from time to time, regardless of whether the poster has a "vested interest" in the restaurant.

All right, I jumped to conclusions. My bad. At the same time, you were unclear. After digesting your initial comment ("This is what we need in this forum (hint, hint to some people around here)."), I actually reread the thread from the beginning to see who you were referring to. I didn't twig on cook-em-all since, sf&m's rejoinder notwithstanding, he was not out of line in asking whether jfl91 is in the business (eG policy is that people with a vested interest in a concern under discussion are supposed to declare it). On the other hand, your comment came in a thread about high-end wines started by someone who had recently and repeatedly enjoined people, including me, to stop talking about Quebec wines or certain Quebec wines because, as far as I can tell, they aren't up to his exalted standards. I connected the dots. Unfortunately they weren't the right ones. You have my apology.

And, yes, I'm touchy on this issue. Some members of this group have, at one time or another, tried to throw a wet dishrag on discussions about ethnic food and holes in Montreal's gastronomic tapestry. That kind of censorship and blind boosterism is abhorent. IMHO, of course.

If you read my past posts, you'll see that I've delved plenty into affordable eateries, local produce and ethnic food, most recently in a mini-spat with Vinfidel in a Ruth Reichl thread.

Funny you should mention the Reichl thread, as your condescending tone and refusal to reply to polite questions or support your claims there or to continue the discussion on this forum also set me up to assume the worst about your comments above.

As for real names, eGullet has the good sense to recognize that many participants have valid reasons for using pseudonyms and not to impose a real names policy. There's been considerable discussion of this on other fora; see Anonymity when posting on food and wine boards for the most recent example. And besides, implementing such a policy would deprive brave real-namers of so many opportunities for one-upmanship... :cool:

Apology accepted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...