• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chorizo source

shacke

• 1 month later...

DiBruno's (9th Street, probably Chestnut as well) is now carrying pata negra from, I believe, La Tienda. While the jamon won't be available until 2007, they do have chorizo and lomo. The sample of chorizo I tried was truly amazing. But beware sticker shock: $40/lb. I opted for a 1/4 lb, and I made it stretch through about a week as an app during my nightly cocktail hour. The lomo is $80/lb. Anybody's guess what the jamon will cost...

I also happened to spot this piece about La Tienda in the NYT last Sunday: "Do You Want to Visit Your Ham?"

Edited by cinghiale (log)

DiBruno's (9th Street, probably Chestnut as well) is now carrying pata negra from, I believe, La Tienda.

La Tienda is just an online retail store and has nothing to do with the hams other than selling it and other "spanish products" on thier website.

The product is actually imported by Fermin USA who sells it to La Tienda as well as Dibrunos.

Dibrunos does not buy from La Tienda.

• 3 weeks later...