• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Torreblanca book

confiseur

........have not forgotton this one!.....the book is excellent in short...if written in v. small print ( a minor quibble)...however in my present incarnation as Exec. pastry Chef of a central London 5 star I am somewhat pushed for time at the moment...oh and also being in the middle of a house purchase, time is at a premium at the moment....

Initial impression is that this book should be on every professionals bookshelf and is well worth the money...100 of her majestys British pounds so not cheap dear readers... :wink:

• 1 year later...

Hi. I'm in a bit of a dilema. I'm in Spain right now so I have direct access to both of Paco's books. They are both 140 euros I think. I have looked over the 2nd one only. But I hear people talking a lot about the first one as being more complete.

I have money to buy one of them, so if I have to choose, which one if better and more well rounded in terms of content and recipes??????

• 2 years later...