• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Anyone heard of Jade appliances?

CRUZMISL

Apparently they are owned by Maytag and make some pretty nice stuff. I am in need of a 36" drop in cooktop and their's looks really nice. I'd have to buy it on the net sight unseen so I am looking for opinions.

Here is a link to their site

a link to the cooktop I am interested in here

and a pdf of the cooktop here

Any opinions truly appreciated. I was going to go with DCS but they seem to have quality issues. These are also serviced by Maytag which makes it easy to get service if necessary.

I'm really looking forward to cooking with 18,000btu's as opposed to the 10,000 I have now :)

Thanks!

Joe

I see, I have the range and not the cooktop so hopefully I won't have similar problems. If you can't see the units in person than definatley go to the thathomesite appliance forum and ask for opinions there also.

It's so hard to make a choice with all the products available (and when you are spending so much money). Did you think about BlueStar?