• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Black Forest Cake/Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte

Stone

Nice Randi. I'm a fan of the Pierre Herme version and the Heston Blumenthal version is really good (but a lot of work) but that looks really tasty. I like black forest but have to make it myself if I want it because all you can get locally are the dry cake/canned cherry pie filling/cool whip atrocities.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

• 1 month later...

Randi, That cake looks amazing! Black Forest is my husband's all time favorite cake, I'd really like to make it for his birthday. I've been poking around for this recipe but can't find it anywhere. Would you mind sharing it?

Thanks!

hungryburro.com-- tasty healthy food from around the world

Randi, That cake looks amazing! Black Forest is my husband's all time favorite cake, I'd really like to make it for his birthday. I've been poking around for this recipe but can't find it anywhere. Would you mind sharing it?

Thanks!

I second that request, please! I'd really appreciate it as well. :smile:

"I know it's the bugs, that's what cheese is. Gone off milk with bugs and mould - that's why it tastes so good. Cows and bugs together have a good deal going down."

- Gareth Blackstock (Lenny Henry), Chef!

eG Ethics Signatory

I've made it several times. I like it a lot. I also like Heston Blumenthal's version but it's much more work and not particularly better than Pierre Herme's, just different. The exact recipe for Pierre Herme's version is in his Chocolate Desserts book. It's chocolate cake, kirsch syrup, kirsch cream, chocolate cream, port cherries and whipped cream if that helps.

It's kinda like wrestling a gorilla... you don't stop when you're tired, you stop when the gorilla is tired.

I think Fruit and Cream Delight dessert is more suitable for you as its very healthy and delicious you can get this recipe and many more dessert recipes on my blog, hopefully you will like it.

Edited by Talat_kas (log)

Easy Recipes - A place to find and share cooking recipes that are easy to make.

Buy Kitchen Blenders : Online shop to order kitchen blenders for home & commercial use - All brands listed - Some items ship within 24 hrs