• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner at LOLA

lturley4

Dare I ask how it went?

Lola was very good, we sat next to the bar, so not sure if that was the tasting room. We ended up shutting the place down, sitting from 7:30 to 11:30pm, but then again I like those long, slow dinners.

This was a wine dinner, and we had all brought 1-2 wines each. But the food was delicious. I started with a chanterelle soup and my main was a pork belly dish - God, is there any other animal that offers as many yummy parts?

Everyone else seemed very happy with their dishes, except for a friend's heathen wife who wanted her steak cooked to puck-doneness and wasn't happy that there was some taste still left in her meat. Somewhere in Heaven there's a cow rolling its eyes in frustration.

Service was very good, and they had the correct stems for all our wines and were very gracious about our bringing our own wines.

I'd go back on my next visit to Dallas.

Cheers! :cool:

You sat in the regular room; if you do indeed ever go back consider requesting the tasting room (the separate, side room off to the right if you faced the bar). 9 course chef's tasting with a wine matched for each trio of courses.

Glad you liked it. There's always that someone in dining groups, isn't there? :wink: