• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

ISO "New York" style Cold Sesame Noodles

Suzanne F

Friends who live near the Fens are searching for cold sesame noodles of the sort they came to love living in NYC.  Can such a thing be found within easy reach of public transportation in Boston?  I've been told it's a chimera.

What kind of cold sesame noodles are NY style? There are so many variations. There are so many restaurants in the Mass Ave - Huntington area that I bet they'll find a version they like.

tommy is correct about it being easy to make at home. My preferred style uses Chinese sesame paste rather than tahini or peanut butter. Best part is the chopped cucumber on top.

Howie -- yes, actually I clipped out the recipe and sent it to my friends, along with the couple of recommendations I've already gotten.  

researchgal: I'll let them know your places, thanks.

Lest anyone who has read the "Pasta Salad" thread think I'm being a hypocrite -- this is all on behalf of my friends Larry and Andrea.  I put "cold sesame noodles" in the same class with pasta salads, for the most part.  :sad: