• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Attn: ALL NJ Egulleters-I need your eyes.

ejebud

It's not a "family" location but on Rte 10 in the strip mall that Michael's is in there is a small restaurant/store front space. On the Western edge (kinda around the corner). It's between an italian and (chinese?) place.

AlisonA

Still searching for hash browns in Jersey.

Actually, with Callahan's closing in Fort Lee, that leaves a pretty serious vacuum needing to be filled.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

It's not a "family" location but on Rte 10 in the strip mall that Michael's is in there is a small restaurant/store front space.  On the Western edge (kinda around the corner).  It's between an italian and (chinese?) place.

AlisonA

Isn't there a Jimmy Buffs right next to that space? I'm pretty sure there is. It's the same strip where the Best Buys is, isn't it?

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

It's not a "family" location but on Rte 10 in the strip mall that Michael's is in there is a small restaurant/store front space.  On the Western edge (kinda around the corner).  It's between an italian and (chinese?) place.

AlisonA

Isn't there a Jimmy Buffs right next to that space? I'm pretty sure there is. It's the same strip where the Best Buys is, isn't it?

Ooops, I had no idea what Jimmy Buff's was :sad: (except one of three restaurants in a short space).

Not such a good space then!

AlisonA

Still searching for hash browns in Jersey.

My suggestion above seems to have been ignored but I'll try one more time with a new one.

The other afternoon, a place called Stuffed Breads, in Bloomfield on Broad St., corner of Pitt, certainly had the look of a place that has recently gone out of business. They should have been open according to their posted hours. No signs to indicate why they were closed. Interior looked half-stripped & abandoned.

This seems to be a thriving little area, with Brookside Thai, the Remedy Cafe & a few other places all in the same block.

I am in this area only very sporadically so cannot keep an eye on it.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845

My suggestion above seems to have been ignored but I'll try one more  time with a new one.

I so do appreciate EVERYONES replies to my plea for help. The past 2 months have been brutally uneventfull as we have been waiting for the next meeting with Verona. At the beginning we were driving all over God's creation that we lovingly know as New Jersey and found very little possibilities. The closer we get to November 10th, the more the focus has been on the Verona site and less on an alternative site. If things don't go the way we think they will on the 10th, you can bet the farm that we will leave no stone unturned including the 2 recomendations by ghostrider, and the stones we've turned over already. Thanks again averyone for your suggestions. I really do appreciate them.

Eric

President

Les Marmitons-NJ

Johnson and Wales

Class of '85

Good luck with the Verona slot! I drive by there almost daily, and it looks ideal to pull in a lot of traffic. Plus it's got parking.

The Bloomfield spot has a large area of municipal parking behind the block of buildings across the street, but if you're driving down Broad, you have to be alert to those little signs on the street corner or you won't know it's there.

Thank God for tea! What would the world do without tea? How did it exist? I am glad I was not born before tea!

- Sydney Smith, English clergyman & essayist, 1771-1845