• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Mrs. Dash and other convenience products

SobaAddict70

Tapatio hot sauce.  Tapatio.  Slightly hotter than Tabasco, with a much fuller flavor and a less harsh vinegar note.

Love it... and it's the cheapest one on the shelf usually!!! (That's why I originally bought it! :wink: Happy accident!) Kind of has a smoky chipotle flavor.

I wasn't going to admit this one until someone else did, but nobody has, so I'm scared, but I'm going to go ahead... rotisserie chicken from the grocery store! I use it to make chicken salad sandwiches, in pastas, in stromboli, etc. I love it! Don't make fun please! :smile:

Also like Old Bay and Mrs. Dash extra spicy!

Store-bought pie crust also!

"Many people believe the names of In 'n Out and Steak 'n Shake perfectly describe the contrast in bedroom techniques between the coast and the heartland." ~Roger Ebert

Tapatio hot sauce.  Tapatio.  Slightly hotter than Tabasco, with a much fuller flavor and a less harsh vinegar note.

Love it... and it's the cheapest one on the shelf usually!!! (That's why I originally bought it! :wink: Happy accident!) Kind of has a smoky chipotle flavor.

I wasn't going to admit this one until someone else did, but nobody has, so I'm scared, but I'm going to go ahead... rotisserie chicken from the grocery store! I use it to make chicken salad sandwiches, in pastas, in stromboli, etc. I love it! Don't make fun please! :smile:

Also like Old Bay and Mrs. Dash extra spicy!

Store-bought pie crust also!

Oh, yeah; Publix lemon pepper rotisserie chicken! :wub: Eat the leg quarters and turn the white meat into chicken salad with celery and green onions and mayo and pineapple and toasted pecans, YUM!

"Commit random acts of senseless kindness"

Oh, yeah; Publix lemon pepper rotisserie chicken!  :wub:

Oh my good grief, I am jonesing for Publix like you wouldn't believe! Publix and Epicure! :sad: ! New Jersey has it's charms, but Publix isn't one of them! I refuse to remove my Publix customer tag from my keycchain, hope springs eternal.

More Than Salt

Visit Our Cape Coop Blog

Cure Cutaneous Lymphoma

Join the DarkSide---------------------------> DarkSide Member #006-03-09-06

And can someone explain to me why people like Hellman's? 

As opposed to say, Best Foods or Kewpie?

Well, Best Foods is Hellman's. Kewpie is available only in Japanese markets so unavailable to most people locally. Personally, I don't really like the flavor but my daughter is crazy about it so whenever I mail order Japanese goods I get her some.

There is a Banquet Brand that's is sometimes sold here that is even better to my taste than all of the above. Tastes like home made.

wish i had access to the prepared mayo i used to buy in paris: maille, in little jars, in the refrigerated section. damn that stuff is good. no reason to ever make your own! here in n america -- well, it's gotta be hellmann's.