• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

[Dallas] Penzey's Spices Opens

I called Penzey's today and the Dallas store is scheduled to open this Friday. They said it is best to call tbefore you go to make sure they make that date.

Penzey's Spices

12835 Preston Road, Suite 316

Dallas

972-392-7777

I called Penzey's today and the Dallas store is scheduled to open this Friday. They said it is best to call tbefore you go to make sure they make that date.

Penzey's Spices

12835 Preston Road, Suite 316

Dallas

972-392-7777

Glad to hear that Dallas has a store now - Penzy's is a great store!

You "northerners" are going to enjoy the new store. We have one here in the Heights on 19th. It is worth a trip to the stores even if you just walk in and sniff.

Here is a link to the Penzey's website. You guys haven't made it to the retail store list yet but when you do you will be able to get a map.

Happy sniffing. And if any of you manage to go in and just sniff we will need a report. :raz:

Linda LaRose aka "fifi"

"Having spent most of my life searching for truth in the excitement of science, I am now in search of the perfectly seared foie gras without any sweet glop." Linda LaRose

I will have to check it out when I am down for the Pepperfest in Ft Worth in a couple of weeks. Does it smell as good as Pendery's over in Ft Worth smells? I know we will never have a store here, so I continue to have an excuse to leave town.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Richard, thanks for the pinpoint location. That will save me time when I am down to go right there. I might add in going to Pendery's, love that place.

It is good to be a BBQ Judge.  And now it is even gooder to be a Steak Cookoff Association Judge.  Life just got even better.  Woo Hoo!!!

Yes, Pendery's has been in Ft. worth since the 1870s. Here's a link to Pendery's website. Their warehouse is in Dallas, but no retail site there. I'll have to checkout the Ft Worth retail location sometime.

In the meantime, the new Penzy's is convenient in many respects, since it is about half a mile from a Whole Foods store and an Empire Bakery location, both at Preston and Forrest.

We are fortunate to have both now in the DFW area.

There isn't a Penzey's in my area, tho the store started in my home town and I've enjoyed their products for a long time. Their catalog is fantastic and they just started a new magazine...I think it's called Penzey's One.

I need to clarify the location of the Penzy's store. I had to hunt for it. It will be hard to spot for the next two weeks, since they are waiting for their exterior signs to arrive. It is in the shopping area at the south west quadrant of the 635 (BJ) and Preston Road intersection. It is not in the strip anchored by Chili's. It is in the strip closest to the corner, and on the southwest corner of that strip, so that it faces both Mario and Alberto's Mexican Restaurant and the strip that Chili's is on.

If you go, check out their best black peppercorns. These are Tellecherries that are more mature, larger and more intense than the regular Tellicherry. I split a pound with a friend, and the aroma when opening the sealed bag was wonderful.