• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Best Cannoli

jim07044

Gencarelli's in Bloomfield got some exposure in Bourdain's show for their cannolis, which I've had, but I actually prefer the cannolis from King's supermarket in Verona (their filling has more flavor, more chips).

Anyone else have a great cannoli source?

FYI: I've made the cannoli filling recipe from the back of the Ferrara's shell box and discovered not only how quick and simple it is, but also how tasty it is! As good, if not better, than my best store resource.

Jim

If you want to collect some official data, the Lyndhurst Bake Shop and Mazur's Bakery are about 3 blocks from one another...both on Ridge Road in Lyndhurst. :biggrin:

"I'm not eating it...my tongue is just looking at it!" --My then-3.5 year-old niece, who was NOT eating a piece of gum

"Wow--this is a fancy restaurant! They keep bringing us more water and we didn't even ask for it!" --My 5.75 year-old niece, about Bread Bar

"He's jumped the flounder, as you might say."

Calandra's in Newark. Since Ferrara's closed up they now own the crown.

"My rule of life prescribed as an absolutely sacred rite smoking cigars and also the drinking of alcohol before, after and if need be during all meals and in the intervals between them." ~Winston Churchill

Morels- God's gift to the unworthy human species

There used to be (it could still be there?) a great italian restaurant/pizzaria in Ramsey across from the shoprite that had home-made chocolate covered and ones without chocolate (cannoli's) that were real good. If it's still there you should buy alot!

Stacey C-Anonymouze@aol.com

*Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads!-G. B. SHAW

JUST say NO... to CENSORSHIP*!

Also member of LinkedIn, Erexchange and DonRockwell.

Sorrentos in Lodi, Vita Mia (Sunday only cannolis), another place down the block on Harrison, Cafe Dolce? on Lafayette in Hawthorne has great pastry too. Roses in Saddle Brook.

Sorrento's in Lodi uses fillers in their cannolis...YUK

Roses I think, sells the cream filling to most of the area delis anyway them and Leonards from Moonachi....I have worked in a few places that use their product to hand fill cannolis to order.......

sshhh its probabley a secret :rolleyes:

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association