• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Beer Advertisements

KatieLoeb

Hi all:

A friend emailed me a link to this and I just about fell out of my chair. It takes a while to download and you have to be patient but stick with it until the end and you will not be sorry:

Carlton Draught Ad

Now there's an ad that makes me remember the product being promoted! :laugh:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Yep, that's got instant classic written all over it.

“Who loves a garden, loves a greenhouse too.” - William Cowper, The Task, Book Three

"Not knowing the scope of your own ignorance is part of the human condition...The first rule of the Dunning-Kruger club is you don’t know you’re a member of the Dunning-Kruger club.” - psychologist David Dunning

What an ad to see before I even have coffee today. I might not make it to work now.

That's on par with the Batman Snickers commercial.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I just wish until see it. I have not yet tried turning off Windows XP firewall but the "security pop-up window" never appears for me even when I disable my pop-up blocker. And then I can't even close the Carlton ad browser window until I hit "end task" a half dozen times in Task Manager.

I like the Green Stripe beer ad I saw painted on the side of a liquor store in Belize so succint: "Drinking is Fun!"

I just wish until see it. I have not yet tried turning off Windows XP firewall but the "security pop-up window" never appears for me even when I disable my pop-up blocker.  And then I can't even close the Carlton ad browser window until I hit "end task" a half dozen times in Task Manager.

I like the Green Stripe beer ad I saw painted on the side of a liquor store in Belize so succint:  "Drinking is Fun!"

What browser are you using? It appears to be Java based, so you might want to make sure you have the latest Java stuff installed.

He don't mix meat and dairy,

He don't eat humble pie,

So sing a miserere

And hang the bastard high!

- Richard Wilbur and John LaTouche from Candide