• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A Tale of Two Sandwiches

When I read your post about the 5 day-er, my stomach turned...especially when I got to the part about the ingredients... :shock:

He says he eats there b/c it's convenient. But he did take me to Morton's on our first date and polished off the entire porterhouse by himself!  And he did order it rare!  :smile:  :wink:

The 5 day-er turned my stomach as well...in fact, I didn't like him at all and on our first date, got rid of him as fast as possible...but he kept calling me, and calling me...well, what can I say :smile: I still can't bring myself to use the Royal Worcester bake dish tho :laugh:

Convenience is okay...Morton's and rare porterhouse are good...he just may get the seal of approval!

Don't try to win over the haters. You're not the jackass whisperer."

Scott Stratten

I'm also a Duffins Machata and Chorizo/egg man. Banh Mi are passable, but extraneous next to machata. Clientele is interesting, do not worry about locking your keys in the car, half the patrons would be able to open your car sans key in about three seconds flat.

The whole superiority of the Duffins donut I don't get though. It's a donut, and okay donut, no better or worse than a chain donut. Then again, maybe I don't get it because I don't really like donuts. Greasy sweet dough circles, no thanks.

The whole superiority of the Duffins donut I don't get though. It's a donut, and okay donut, no better or worse than a chain donut. Then again, maybe I don't get it because I don't really like donuts. Greasy sweet dough circles, no thanks.

What about the awesome sandwiches at Grotto di Fromaggio? They are the best sandwiches in Vancouver. Imagine an Italian sandwich piled high with artichoke hearts, eggplant, peppers, capricollo, and provolone cheese along with the pesto mayonnaise, oil and balsamic vinegar and grilled to perfection.