• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Dinner & July 4, 2005

steakas

I would go to any of the restaurants in Jersey City or Hoboken that face the river. I know that Wolfgang Puck Express, Hoboken will be open late on July 4th for guests wishing to watch the fireworks from Pier A.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

I would go to any of the restaurants in Jersey City or Hoboken that face the river. I know that Wolfgang Puck Express, Hoboken will be open late on July 4th for guests wishing to watch the fireworks from Pier A.

The only problem is, that the fireworks have been on the EAST RIVER for the last 8 years. No fireworks on the Hudson...

• 2 weeks later...
The only problem is, that the fireworks have been on the EAST RIVER for the last 8 years.  No fireworks on the Hudson...

Tell that to the people I charge $2 admission to watch the view from my roofdeck! :))

Liberty State Park is a fantastic place to watch it from and I would guess that the Liberty House has accomodations for sightseers. There's also an off the beaten path type place at the park that serves decent burgers and such - the Lightship Barge, which is on the water in the pier. The down side is the park gets very very crowded.