• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Anna N

Anna N

To fix a typo and clarify

I have always cooked Pekin ducks and have never had any issues with the amount of fat. There is always plenty. @KennethT‘s comment surprises me.  But then we are not capable of quantifying, (on the spur of the moment, I mean) so we don’t know just what each of us means. I have made a dish very similar to the one @JoNorvelleWalkerdiscusses, and it has always turned out great. 

Anna N

Anna N

I have always cooked Pekin ducks and have never had any issues with the amount of fat. There is always plenty. @KennethT‘s comment surprises me.  But then we are not capable of quantifying, so we don’t know just what each of us means. I have made a dish very similar to the one @JoNorvelleWalkerdiscusses, and it is always turned out great.